Topic: If you don't want your posts deleted... (Read 19994 times)
Always & Forever // Messageboard | Powered by YaBB SE
If you don't want your posts deleted...
« on: May 28, 2004, 01:26:53 pm »
Unfortunately, despite numerous attempts (both public and private) to inform members of text/posting guidelines, many of you continue to disregard our efforts. Therefore, stricter enforcement will be in play until we see major improvements.
Warning One: By reading this, you have received your first warning about text and posting guidelines. It is up to each member to take the time to read this Announcement; if you don't bother to do it, then it's not our problem.
Warning Two: A member of staff will inform you that you are breaking text rules. If you disregard this second warning and break the rules again, you will be temporarily banned from the board for no less than one week, depending on the circumstances.
If you do not want your posts deleted, please read on.
- Excessive use of netspeak.
This is the most frequently broken text rule of them all. Please be mindful that excessive or continuous use of "words" such as ppl, u, ur, b4, 2, h8, etc. is prohibited. Using LOL, LMAO, or OMG occassionally is fine; however, posting in netspeak is generally annoying and going forward, you will be banned if you consistently disregard this rule.
Example of Unacceptable Post: Hey R u gonna du that 2day??? LMAO! He wuz lyk rofl 2.
Example of Acceptable Post: Hey, are u gonna do that today? LMAO! He was like ROFL too.
(You can still use netspeak here and there but having your whole post written like that is aggravating and difficult to understand for many - even those who are native speakers. )
- No double posting.
Posting twice in a row is prohibited. Use the modify button instead.
- No excessive all caps.
PLEASE DO NOT WRITE LIKE THIS.
(Don't use all caps in thread titles. You can use caps in posts, but don't write a whole paragraph in caps; that is the equivalent of yelling.)
- No alternate caps.
PlEaSe Do NoT wRiTe LiKe ThIs.
- No fuzzy text, except for a word here or there, or in a congratulations post.
(If you're trying to emphasize something, that's fine...but a whole post? It's hard on the eyes.)
- No excessive punctuation or smilies.
Please refrain from writing, "He looks so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " You are just as effective in writing, "He looks so good! "
- Please use the "Check spelling..." function before posting (in between the Preview and Reset Form buttons). If your post contains so many spelling errors that it cannot be read easily, it will be deleted.
(Typos are okay but again, we do have foreign visitors that may not be fluent in English. They may not be able to easily understand misspelled words and/or learn to spell the words the wrong way.)
- Thread titles must reflect what the thread is actually about.
Invite members into your thread by describing its content. Simply saying, "LOOK AT THIS!!!" will result in the removal of your thread.
In the Fan Creativity (Fan Fiction, Poetry, and Fan Art) sections, the same general rules apply, with some modifications:
For Fan Fiction:
- Replies/Comments must meet a 10-word minimum.
Example of Unacceptable Post: OmG post more!
Example of Acceptable Post: Wow... I'm breathless. That was incredible! Good job. I can't wait to see more.
(If you were a writer, which would you prefer?)
- Authors may not "bump" their stories. Please include each entry in ONE post -- do not double post entries, paragraph by paragraph, one after the other. If you make updates to your story by double- or triple-posting, your entries will be deleted. (Unless there is a considerable gap in time between when you last posted and the time you decide to post.)
- Please do not post any of the following:
- '*Does a new page dance*'
- 'I like it!'
- 'Keep writing!'
- 'Post more soon!'
- 'Will post more tomorrow!'
For additional Fan Fiction Rules & Guidelines, please go HERE.
For Fan Art:
- Posts must meet a 5-word minimum. Anything less will be deleted.
Example of Unacceptable Post: That is pretty!
Example of Acceptable Post: I like that a lot. It's blended nicely.
(If you can't use constructive criticism or say why you like a piece, then it doesn't really help the artist.)
For additional Fan Art Rules and Guidelines, please go either HERE or HERE.
Thank you for reading through this thread. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or any other member of staff.
© 2001-2002, YaBB SE Dev Team. All Rights Reserved.
hosting & support by ejwsites.net