Title: * A&F Forum Rules.. * + Information about this section
Post by: HerMajesty on April 06, 2004, 01:12:51 pm
|1. No sexist, racist, offensive posts. Inappropriate comments will not be tolerated, and will be deleted!|
2. Absolutely NO talking about Elijah's sexual orientation.
3. Don't repeat topics already posted. It's not hard to scan over the posts to see if it's been posted. There is also the search feature available here (http://always.ejwsites.net/YaBBSE/index.php?board=1;action=search). If you create a duplicate topic, it'll be merged (combined) with the other thread.
4. Post messages using the appropriate forum. Elijah Wood related posts go into the Elijah forum, and vice versa. If you accidentially post something in the wrong board, no worries. One of the moderators can move it for you.
5. Keep posts at least slightly clean, as people under thirteen do visit the board. There is the Dirty Room (http://always.ejwsites.net/YaBBSE/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=17715), so all of the board perverts can go there. ;)
6. Keep signature pictures small - really big pictures don't look good in forums, take long to load, and some interfere with the layout of the forum. If your signature picture is too large, a moderator will change it. (Please note that a signature size MUST be under 250 pixels in height and 400 pixels in width.)
7. RESPECT: Learn the meaning of that word. You must respect Moderators, Elijah, and other members! There will be no insulting any member of the board. You can disagree with someone's opinion, but don't belittle them and yell at them.
Be courteous to other members, and if you have a problem with one of them - address it in a PM. Please do not start fights in threads and get everyone involved.
~ IF you try to settle this disagreement with another member through PM and it doesn't work, contact another moderator to help resolve the issue.
This rule of respect is also extended to famous people (e.g. Franka Potente. Just because Elijah dated her, doesn't mean that she's evil.)
8. If you decide to make another member account to swear and attack other people under a different name - do not expect that when you get banned, you can just blame it on your brother, sister, etc. It's stupid - so don't do it. It's not hard to log out before you go off the computer.
Also, do not come to the board to harass others. You'll be immediately banned.
9. No posts saying how much you "OMG luuuuv Elijah" and how you want to marry him.
10. Don't ask for Elijah's address and e-mail.
3 STRIKES OUT: No, this is not elementary school all over again, but sometimes, with the conduct of even just one or two members, it really does seem that way. Therefore, we've implemented a system that determines your punishment when you break rules. Here's the lowdown -
1st time: Warning
2nd time: Temporary ban [Changing of password; after a certain amount of time, it is returned to you through e-mail]
3rd time: If there is a third time, you’re banned forever.
Title: .. TEXT GUIDELINES ..
Post by: HerMajesty on April 06, 2004, 01:13:22 pm
|In order to facilitate communication between members, the mods have devised the following set of text guidelines:|
- No fuzzy text, except for a word here or there, or in a congratulations post.
This basically speaks for itself: fuzzy text makes posts difficult to read.
- No all caps.
Using this form of writing is the Internet equivalent to yelling.
- No excessive punctuation or smilies.
Please do not write, "He looks so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D" You are just as effective in writing, "He looks so good! ;D" If you constantly post in this fashion, your posts will be modified/deleted.
- No alternate caps.
Again, this is self-evident. Alternate caps may be some members' choice method of self-expression, but it is difficult to read through. If you already speak this way in certain threads and the thread-starter is okay with it, that's fine.
- Thread titles must reflect what the thread is actually about.
Invite members into your thread by describing its content. If you don't indicate the thread's subject matter, a mod will do it for you. However, to do so is a hassle, so please be mindful of this request.
- Keep swearing to a minimum.
Although it is okay to use stars to edit certain words, there are plenty of young members on this board who should not be exposed to random vulgarity. Please exercise good judgment and use certain words sparingly.
- Easy on the netspeak.
A few words here and there are okay, but not full paragraphs of it. Not everyone on A+F is a native English-speaker, so you can imagine the effect that a degenerate form of written English will have on their ability to understand what is written here. Expressions like LOL and LMAO are of course okay, but please refrain from excessive use of netspeak acronyms.
A mod will notify you if she sees that you consistently write in any of the above styles.
If you have any questions on these or any other rules, please PM any of the mods, or create a thread in the Message Board forum. All questions/concerns are always welcome.
The mods all hope that these guidelines will help us communicate with each other that much better, and that reading through threads will be noticeably easier.
CONSECUTIVE POSTING RULE: Unless you're in the fan creativity forums writing a fan fic or checking out threads in Fun Stuff, do NOT post twice in a row! There is such a thing called editing your posts - use it.
Title: Re:* A&F Forum Rules.. *
Post by: HerMajesty on April 06, 2004, 01:15:26 pm
And these are the standard YABBSE forum rules that everyone agreed to when they signed up. Some of them are a mouthful, I realize, but...there shouldn't be a problem following 'em.
- You will not post any material which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.
[color=Blue]- Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters are also inappropriate.
- Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify the staff of A&F immediately. We have the rights to remove objectionable content.
- We advise that you keep your username appropriate.
- Any vulgar OR inaccurate information in your profile will be removed. [/color]
This one I feel definitely applies to the forum here. We know you're joking if you list your age as one hundred years old, but saying you're twenty-one to access the adult forum, etc, is forbidden.
- Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from A&F or your ISP contacted.
Title: Guidelines for *A+F Site and Forum* Section
Post by: MysteriousMrWood on April 19, 2005, 01:09:07 am
|If you have a question, try to provide some information about your topic in the :Subject: line. It's easier to reply to a thread called "Accessing My Profile?" rather than "Question". |
Always & Forever // Messageboard | Powered by YaBB SE
© 2001-2002, YaBB SE Dev Team. All Rights Reserved.